Wednesday, April 1, 2009

♥ Married For 431 Days So Far And..



I always considered myself very blessed to have my prayer answered regarding the kind I want to married. Beautiful Geek seems practically tailor made for me! LOL! I am brutally honest with God when I prayed and ask for the following criteria (pardon my grammar but I talk to God in our own slangs and ways, He gets it) :

a) "Please give me a handsome and cute looking guy, I mean I have to see this man everyday, every night.. you know, I am curse with being visually orientated above all things".-> Yap, my husband is really cute, so cute, I am not worried that other girls would go for him because the gays are much faster to approach him first.

b) "Please let him be smart , like super smart but not that creme of the crop smart, like quietly kind of smart, like not shoot off the mouth smart, just dignifiedly smart." -> Yes, my husband is super smart, that kind of water runs deep kind of smart. Best thing he doesn't know it , he does suspect it but I think he is also very humble not to brag about it.

c) "Please let him be reasonable well off. I mean, God, you know all the dates and all the dates I had been to, for once, I would love to eat in a fine restaurant once a while, watch a world renowned plays, buy a piece Tiffany jewelry once in a blue moon. I had my shares of paying for half or all the meals, going Dutch plenty of times when going to the movies, being groped in a cinema cause boyfriends still stays with their parents or hotels are too expensive. I am also sick and tired of eating in noisy food courts where I have to declare my love over a plate of chicken rice. I mean... I cherish those moments but really.. I want a free meal with all my strings attached please." -> Well , my husband is not rich but he has a decent pay and I do get a fine meal every 2 months and 1 piece of fine jewelry every one year and a half. I never paid for my food now and that is really nice.

It is a truth universally acknowleged - Jane Austen quote - letterpress cardBy letterarypress


d) "Please let him be someone who has inspiration and passionate about his life and job. I do love hanging at the park and void decks of my flat with my ex boyfriends talking about the best way to do a slide of hands or play with skateboards but I would love to do something meaningful and useful with them too. Don't get me wrong, the last boyfriend does have some inspiration, he wanted to earn more money to buy a new fishing rod. It is good but it would be nice if he wants to work harder to buy a fish farm.:"-> My husband always reads a lot and am always thinking of ways to improve his work. He is always doing some kind of project with his own time ( translate : I have no idea what he is really doing but I know he is doing something that does not involve a credit card or shades of pink) and that I love him for it.

e) "Please let him have a job that I do not understand." -> This is a running joke with my friends half the time, we cannot really described what our boyfriends or husband does for a living. And yes.... it took me 4 years to kind of half understand what my husband is doing.

Let me try to explain. I know he is

a) an engineer
b) an automotive engineer
c) an automotive engineer who design mufflers
d) an automotive engineer who design mufflers and ...

Here is the problem .. what the hell is a mufflers? He tried to show me diagrams, pictures, graphs , in charades etc and I simply cannot place it. I mean I know now what is a muffler, it is a very important part of a car that makes a car quiet. Without a muffler, the car would be really noisy!

Ok.

But to devote a whole industry to it? I was truly shock! I mean, what is so difficult? It is all a calculations of loops and how many turns the metal tubes have that decide how quiet the car would be. I can explain it all now but shan't bored you with it. Beautiful Geek's company has a huge department just researching and developing multi twisted metal tubes and loops to make a car shut up.

They dream By yaelfran


I am so not a car person. To me, it is a very threatening object. Full of metals and pvc, loads of knobs and mirrors that does not flatter me in anyways. And it is normally in boring colors like silver, black or white.

Still, after ALOT of explanations by Beautiful Geek ,I am quite impressed actually and that lead me to daydream abit about other automotive departments. I am not sure if they exist but I pretended they did.

YES, ADAPTING IS KEY BUT WE MUST KEEP FLYING METEORITES ON OUR MIND. (Dino) Kitten in the Engine - USA organic cotton tshirt by KittenInTheEngine


Like the windshield department. I imagine there would be a big lab with loads of windshields and people just keeps throwing things at them. Like first a ping pong ball, then a basketball and finally 20 bowling balls to test the strength of the glass. They would jump on it, dance on it, walk on it like 3000 times to see what would happen if there should be a stampede.

But I think the ultimate goal of a good windshield is how mosquito proof it would be. I mean, what is the probability of one's car in a stampede? Have you ever travelled in car at the speed of 90km/hr and watched how the poor mosquitoes get smashed helplessly against the windshield? I get so annoyed when I have to scrap off the blood and the decapitated mini bodies , I mean, ewwww , I do not mind a whole dead mosquito but not just one third of it's reminder.EW.

I can imagine the Head Of Windshield Department going "our target for the year 2009 is 3 and half mosquitoes , one or two wings extra is okay. " Lay more wax gentlemen!

Next, how about the tires design department? Do they have a room full of hippy cool art graduates who sit at big sparkly white desk thinking of what other tire thread designs would be the best ? Shall it be more closely knitted criss cross designs, wide bold stripes, polka dots , argyle, double lined grid pattern or *gasp* perhaps some flowers design to enthralled the ever growing female consumers ?

Maybe the tire is best use for this! Digital Prints Good Ol' Days by GlobalArt


Then, the rim designers. *Giggle*, I can imagine one them introducing himself " Hi, I am Stok, I am a Rim designer ". LOL! How sexy that can sound! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Out of deepest respect for all readers , I will not continue to elaborate on this.

Oh, forgive me if I offended any readers. Making jokes about things are the way I try masked my fear and  ignorance. *chuckle

Point is, I marvel at today's cars, they are safely, slicker, quieter, prettier than before but I will never really be a fan unless they can come up with a car that is the right shade of pink, flower design on the tire threads, insect proof , smell like Chanel No.5 , and of course a 3 x 3 meter truck to put all my shopping bags!

All in all I do love being married to an engineer, especially one who wears really nice bum hugging jeans all the time. *wink

Micro Circuit Pour Moi - hi-tech glass pendant By BigHelmetHead.etsy.com


The below pros and cons are all so true!

Top Ten Reasons To Date an Engineer

1. The world does revolve around us... We pick the coordinate system.
2. Find out what those other buttons on your calculator do.
3. We know how to handle stress and strain in our relationships.
4. Parents will approve.
5. Help with your math homework.
6. Can calculate head pressure.
7. Looks good on a resume.
8. Free body diagrams.
9. High starting salary.
10. Extremely good looking

Top Ten Reasons NOT to Date an Engineer

1. T-shirt and jeans are their formal dress. Hot dog and a six-pack is their seven-course meal.
2. The only social life known of is to post and talk on the net.
3. Flames like a monster and speaks like a pussycat.
4. Works from 6:30am to 7:30pm daily. No morning kisses and no evening walks.
5. No matter how hard you cry and how loud you yell, he just sits there calmly discussing your emotion in terms of mathematical logic.
6. Only listens to classic rock. Hates everything from Bach to Prince.
7. Touches his car more often than you.
8. Talks in acronyms.
9. Can't leave that damn pencil off his ear for a minute.
10. Will file a divorce if you call him in the middle of debugging.


Picture and Tens Reasons jokes are taken from http://www.gdargaud.net/Humor/Engineer.html#Date

No comments:

Post a Comment